Thursday, March 15, 2012

Facebook = ADDICTION


This is probably obvious to most of you, but the Facebook “friends” that I interacted with the most were the ones who tended to be the most addicted. They posted more status updates and comments because they spent a lot of time on the social networking site.  That is what I would always do, too. So I ended up giving the most attention to those who are the greatest addicts. I realized that I ended up spending the most time interacting with the people who were the worst influences — highly unproductive people who don’t value their time. This had many effects, such as causing me to become more addicted to the site and to feel the urge to post more often just for the sake of posting. The closer I became with those people, the more I got sucked into spending more time on the site. After I deactivated my Facebook, I asked myself, Should I really be giving so much attention to a social networking site? When I dropped Facebook, I also dropped off the radar of some of, what I always called, my biggest fans on Facebook. I am no longer subject to their influence, which was probably stronger than I would care to admit. Breaking free of this cycle was a wise choice. I should have done it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment